Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC)
National Assessment and accreditation council proposes that every accredited institution should establish an IQAC, in pursuance of its action plan for performance evaluation, assessment and quality up-gradation of institutions of Higher Education.
1.The primary aim of IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
2. One of the important functions of the IQAC is to develop realistic and attainable quality benchmarks for each of the academic and administrative activities.
3. To channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
4. It helps the college in planning and monitoring.
5. IQAC also gives stakeholders a cross-sectional participation in the institution’s quality enhancement activities.
6. The cell interacts with the teachers at the departmental level periodically to get feedback and suggestions from all the teachers in the department.
7. Quality assurance is a by-product of ongoing efforts to define the objectives of an institution to have a work plan to achieve them and to specify the checks and balances to evaluate the degree to which each of the tasks is fulfilled.
8. IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of the institution. It would be the facilitative and participative organ of the institution.
9. D. S. Govt. Degree College for Women accredited by NAAC Bangalore with Grade B+ in March-2005.
10. It is re-accredited in January-2014, the college got evaluated to “B” Grade with CGPA of “2.10”.
11. UGC has granted an amount of Rs. 3,00,000/- for the period of 5 years for the establishment of IQAC