Alumni Association Registration
D.s. Government Degree College for Women has a registered Alumni Association. It was registered in the year-2020 under the Andhra Pradesh Societies Registrations Act Number-107. Its purpose is to create a network of Alumni students, contributing to personal and career development of current and passed out students in addition to taking an active part in the developmental initiatives of the institution. Apart from offering financial support, the alumnae provide intellectual support to the institution.
The Alumni Association of D.S.Govt.degree College for women, Ongole has been formed in order to fulfill the long felt need for a forum and the cherished desires of its alumni to activate its functioning a committee has been constituted to provide vision, guidance and coordinate the all-around activities of the Alumni Association.
The College is willing to extend all possible cooperation for the success of this enterprise, which is a link between the past and the present and holds connectivity to the future.
D S.Govt.degree College for women, Ongole has a registered Alumni Association which actively participate in the college developmental activities and also in Important activities
To cultivate and nurture a mutually advantageous bond between the college and its alumni, our approach will involve offering a range of educational opportunities, social initiatives, services, and perks tailored to cater to the varied interests of both the college and its alumni community
- To re-unite in the nest from where we grew and flew off.
- To build a bridge between college life and career life, so as introduce present students to the professional world and to make them proactive to face the challenges that may emerge in their career path.
- To provide job opportunities to fresh bachelors through references of professionals.
- To conduct orientation and training programs to students on various topics to enhance their skills.
- To create awareness among students about the scope of their subject in the professional world.
- To provide a platform for students to develop their qualities.
- To participate in social welfare activities for social accountability.
Aims and objectives:
- To promote the cultural and social activities among the college students.
- To assist the college in its development
- To exchange the views for the development of Alma mater
- To conduct the meetings and seminars forthe old students of the college
- To represent the problem to the concerned authorities if arisesand solves it in a peaceful way
- To facilitate the old students who achieved the higher walks of the life.
- To secure fair conditions of life among members in their life.
- To motivate the presents students for their better future
- To do all such useful things,deeds,acts as are essential or conductive to the attainment of the objectives of the association
Alumni Association Meeting Reports
Alumni Association Activities
The Association has created a Whats-app group which assists in fostering long term relationships among the former students. The alumnae interact through this online platform and stay connected.
The alumnae render their cooperation to their alma mater both in terms of financial help and by interacting and motivating the current students. They extend their services by addressing the students during awareness programmes and willingly come forward to impart job oriented skills to the students. They enlighten the students about the current industry trends and help them in getting clarity about their intended career paths.
The college alumnae have conducted plantation activities in the college and donated fertilizers as measures for environmental protection.