WOMEN EMPOWERMENT CELL
The College has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the college campus to empower and safeguard the rights of female members, faculty, staff and students of the College. The WEC works to promote gender sensitivity in the college and conduct diverse programmes to educate, sensitize female members and produce harmonious atmosphere on the campus. It works for the welfare of the students and faculty towards preparing them in to competent professionals to take up greater challenges in the academic sphere.
Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students and staffs, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes and other welfare activities.
To create a society where women are equal stakeholders in every facet of life, empowered with knowledge, skills, and opportunities to thrive and lead without discrimination or bias.
To raise awareness about gender issues, challenge stereotypes, and advocate for the rights and well-being of women within the institution and the larger community and to provide women with opportunities for skill development, education, and training to enhance their personal and professional growth.
1.Recognising and promoting the development of women as strong leaders and self-sufficient persons.
2.To encourage women to feel capable of developing their self-confidence.
3.Instructing the women on the opportunities and services accessible to obtain financial support.
4. To inform female students about women’s health issues and precautions that should be followed.
5.Raising public awareness of female issues, gender equity, and sexual harassment prevention.
6.Increase opportunities of professional and personal development of women through the provision of support skills.
Role and responsibility
1. To create the awareness on the objectives of WEC amongst girl students for their enthusiastic participation.
2. To encourage women to undertake activities that strengthens their self-confidence.
3. To participate actively in the events and competitions organized by the cell and encourage other girl students to participate.
4. To empower female faculty, staff and students about general economic and social issues.
5. To review safety and security measures for female employees and girl students at DS GDC campus.
|1||P. Indira||Physics||Lecturer in Physics|
|2||B. Sravani||Mathematics||Lecturer in Mathematics|
|3||Y. Sushma||Computer Science||Lecturer in Computer science|
|4||K. Sulakshana||Office||Senior Assistant|