An eco club, also known as an environmental club, is a group of individuals who come together to promote and work towards environmental conservation and sustainability.
The primary aim of an eco club is to raise awareness and educate members and the wider community about environmental issues, such as climate change, pollution, deforestation, and waste management. Through various activities such as tree planting, beach cleanups, recycling programs, and environmental campaigns, eco clubs encourage individuals to take action towards reducing their environmental impact.
Being part of an eco club can provide individuals with a sense of purpose and motivation towards creating a more sustainable future. Additionally, it can be a great way to meet like-minded individuals and build a supportive community around environmental conservation.
Creating a sustainable campus and a greener future through education, action, and innovation. Our vision is to inspire and empower the college community to be environmental stewards, leading the way towards a more ecologically conscious society.
The mission of our Ecological Club is to inspire and educate our college community about environmental sustainability and conservation. Through meaningful projects, awareness campaigns, and hands-on initiatives, we strive to empower individuals to take action, reduce our ecological footprint, and foster a greener and more sustainable future for all.
- To educate students about the importance of environmental protection.
- To prepare for and coordinate student participation in environmental protection and conservation.
- Campus Clean-up and Green-Up.
- To communicate environmental messages through a variety of media, including audio, video, posters, seminars, workshops, guest lectures, and competitions.
- To raise society’s knowledge of environmental protection and to establish a pollution-free environment.
To take forward the objectives of the Eco Club, Green Army has been formed. Two students from each section are selected to be members of the Green Army which works in collaboration with Eco Club of the college.
- Expanding their eco-consciousness and gain knowledge about the environment.
- Perform actions to improve their environment.
- Help to solve local environmental problems.
- Educate others about the environment.
- Learning about green technology.
- Meeting and collaborating with other school clubs from varying socio-economic backgrounds and cultures.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Finding their voice.
- Stretching their expectations of self.
- Positively impacting their peers, families, schools and communities.
- Creating and building upon a vision of a sustainable future.
- Opportunities to engage politicians, leaders, peers and educators.
- Participating in a grass roots movement to sustain the planet.
- Participating in field trips.
- Second Thursday of every month is observed as ‘vehicle free day’.
- Every Saturday is observed as ‘no plastic day’.