Department of Physical Education
The department of physical education in D.S GDC(W), Ongole started on 15-07-1985 with sri C.Kondala Rayudu, Physical Director till 27-07-1989. Sri K.Koteswara Rao took charge of the department on 27-07-1992 and worked till30-06-1993. Further V.Basavaiah took charge on 16-06-1995 till 24-10-2000.Sri P.Venkateswarlu ,Physical Director worked as Physical Director from 25-10-2000 to 30-09-2004. Then Sri G.Sai Suresh worked from 20-10-2004 to 02-09-2015.During the above period college teams participated in ANU intercollegiate tournment in games like Handball, Powerlifting and Athletics.
VISION & MISSION
- To Encourage Mass Participation in Games & Sports.
- Excellence in the Field of Sports & Games.
- Fitness (Physical & Mental).
- Healthy Life & Recreation.
- Whole sum Development of the Personality
- To develop an understanding of the importance of sports in the pursuit of a healthy and active lifestyle at the college and beyond.
- To provide a wide variety of creative and sporting activities to develop each student’s potential.
- To develop an appreciation of the concepts of fair play, honest competition and good sportsmanship
12 stations multi Gym with other individual stations like butterfly, thread mill, bicycles, abking, tabletennis table 200meters track volleyball courts-2, kho-kho- court, kabaddi courts-2, ball badminton court and hand ball courts and kho-kho courts are available for practice.
Achievements From 2015 to till date
Inter district participation —56
Inter district medals—13
A.P University medals -05
A.N.U inter collegiate winners:
1.Volleyball-5 times Continuously
2. kabaddi-2 times
A.N.U inter collegiate runners:
2. kabaddi-2 times
Inter University -34
Regular practice in various games (volley ball, kabaddi, hand ball, kho-kho, athletics) will be done under our supervision.
2. Coaching camps for inter collegiate teams in the above games will be conducted.
3. I am the convener for the college discipline committee and look after discipline with the help of the principal.
4. Purchase of sports equipment is done.
5. I have been conducting regularly intramural competitions every year in different games and sports and distribute prizes on college anniversary day.
6. Various registers and records has been maintained .
7. I developed play fields leveling with red earth worth of Rs20 lacks with the help of Sri Damacharla Janardhan Rao M.L.A,Ongole.
8. Our department organized “Acharya Nagarjuna University intercollegiate women volley ball “ tournaments 4 times 2016-17,2018-19,2019-20 and 2021-22.
9. I had been serving as selection committee member to Acharya Nagarjuna University intercollegiate women volley ball teams for the last 10 years.
10. I Dr.G.Dhanunjaya Rao have been working as secretory, Prakasam Districts volleyball Association since 2010 till date.
11. I Dr.G.Dhanunjaya Rao worked as organizing secretary for A.P Junior and Youth volleyball men &women inter district championship in the year 2017-18 and 2019-20.
Present Working Staff
- M. Anjaneyulu, G. Dhanunjaya Rao, 2020, Presented a paper titled “Physical activity among people – Impact on health”, at International Virtual Conference on “Digital Teaching, Training & Coaching – An Approach to Physical Education & Sports Sciences”, and Published in International Journal of Health, Physical Education and Computer Science in Sports, Volume 39 ,Issue 1, ISSN 2231-3265. To know more click here
- Dr. G. Dhanunjaya Rao, Dr. M. Anjaneyulu, 2020, Presented a paper titled “Analysis on The Effects Of Endurance Exercise Training on Plasma HDL Cholesterol Levels Depend on Levels of Triglycerides”, at Two Day International E-Conference on “Trends Issues and Development of Physical Education and Sports”, and Published in International Journal For Innovative Research In Multidisciplinary Field, Special Issue : 17 July – 2020, ISSN: 2455-0620. To know more click here
I Dr.G.Dhanunjaya Rao personally sponsering Rs.500/- per each inter university & natinal representatives every year.