DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
The Department of Mathematics was established in the academic year 1984-85 with Physics and Chemistry as allied combinations. Later the combination Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science was sanctioned in the academic year 1992-93. The medium of instruction for mathematics, Physics and Chemistry combination is Telugu while for Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science combination is English. The Intake capacity of the students for MPC is 30(Thirty only) and the intake capacity for MPCs is 30(thirty only), and medium of instruction is English only as per the instruction of APSCHE. Two posts were sanctioned to Mathematics Department. The College was affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
The Department is conducting assignments, Class Seminars, Quiz Programmes, Group Discussions, Field Trips, Extension Lectures, Guest Lectures and Mid Exams to assess the progress of the students.
The Department is also providing remedial coaching for the slow learners. The lecturers in the Department are supplying additional reading materials for the better understanding of the subject. The Department encourages as well as guides the students to build up their career. Additional reading material is available in the Department for students preparing for competitive examinations to pursue higher studies. From academic year (2015-16) Acharya Nagarjuna University introduced “SEMESTER” system for degree students. We encourage the students to go to library and refer articles in journals and prepare material for the competitive examinations.
1. To enable the rural and urban students strong in doing mathematics.
2. Encouraging them for further higher studies and to write competitive exams.
3. Instill analytical and logical thinking among students and promote mathematical thought as an important area of human thought
1.To develop the mathematical thinking of the students.
2. To learn mathematical software knowledge for further higher education.
3. To create an environment that supports to solve rural problems and give its usages to ground level by mathematical modelling etc.
4. To conduct seminar, group discussion, workshop etc. for the students.
DEPARTMENT TIME TABLES
|S.No.||Programme Offered||Medium||Sanctioned Strength|
|1||Maths, Physics, Computer Science (MPCs)||English||30|
|2||Maths, Cloud Computing, Computer Science (MClCs)||English||30|
Strengths and Achievements of Department
- Experienced and Skilled Faculty: Mathematics Department has two faculty members. With experience and skill who possess expertise in various areas of mathematics. These faculty members can inspire and motivate students to pursue their interests in mathematics and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
- Innovative Teaching Methods: Mathematics can often be seen as a challenging subject for many students. However, Mathematics Department will use innovative teaching methods to help students develop a solid foundation in the subject. The department may use technology-based tools, group work, and interactive lectures to make mathematics more engaging and accessible to students.
- Curriculum: Mathematics Department will offer a rigorous and well-designed curriculum that covers a broad range of topics in mathematics which is prescribed by Acharya Nagarjuna University. The curriculum designed to prepare students for careers in mathematics, as well as for advanced studies in the subject.
- Resources: A strong Mathematics Department will have access to a range of resources that support teaching. These resources include advanced library resources.
- Student Outcomes: Mathematics Department will have a track record of producing successful graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers in mathematics. The department have a strong record of student achievement, such as high student retention rates and high student performance on standardized exams.
|1||2017 -18||Maths, Physics, Chemistry (MPC)||Telugu||30||2|
|2||Maths, Physics, Computer Science (MPCs)||English||30||22|
|3||2018-19||Maths, Physics, Chemistry (MPC)||Telugu||30||2|
|4||Maths, Physics, Computer Science (MPCs)||English||30||18|
|5||2019- 20||Maths, Physics, Chemistry (MPC)||Telugu||30||7|
|6||Maths, Physics, Computer Science (MPCs)||English||30||20|
|2020-21||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||English||30||21|
|7||Mathematics, Cloud Computing, computer Science||English||30||16|
|8||2021-22||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||English||30||30|
|9||Mathematics, Cloud Computing, computer Science||English||30||28|
|10||2022-23||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||English||30||10|
|11||Mathematics, Cloud Computing, computer Science||English||30||15|
|S.NO||Name of the author/s||Title of paper||Name of journal||Year of publication||ISSN number|
|1||Dr. K . Keziya||Effect of Thermal Radiation on Heat Transfer of Ferrofluid |
Over a Stretching Cylinder with Convective Heating
|2||Dr. K . Keziya||Effect of thermal radiation on engine oil nanofluid flow over a|
permeable wedge under convective heating: Keller box method
|3||Dr. K . Keziya||Analytical Investigation on CNT Based Maxwell Nano-fluid with Cattaneo–Christov Heat Flux Due to Thermal Radiation||IJACM||2020||2199-5796|
Ø Clear expectations: Faculty can establish clear expectations for students and communicate them. This includes expectations for attendance, behavior, and academic performance.
Ø Create a positive learning environment: Faculty can create a positive and welcoming learning environment that encourages students to participate and ask questions.
Ø Use active learning strategies: Faculty can use active learning strategies, such as group work, problem-solving, and discussion, to engage students and help them apply what they have earned.
Ø Provide timely feedback: Faculty can provide timely and constructive feedback to their students on their assignments and assessments, helping them identify areas for improvement.
Ø Use technology effectively: Faculty can use technology effectively to enhance their teaching, such as online resources, interactive tools etc,
Continuous Internal Evalution
Student Progression to Higher Education
|S.No||Name of the Student||Name of the Institute Joined||Name of the Program admitted to||Link|
|1||G. VARDANAMMA||Andhra Kesari University, Ongole||MSc (Mathematics)||Click here|
|1||M. ANKALAMMA||Vikram Simhapuri University College, Kavali||M.Sc(Mathematics)||Click here|
|1||P.SUBBARAVATHAMMA||Andhra Kesari University, Ongole||M.Sc (Mathematics)||Click here|
Student Progression to Employment
|S.No||Academic Year||Name of student placed||Program graduated from||Name of the Employer/Company||Link to Proof|
|1||2017-18||PALETI ANUSHA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||KALLAM TEXTILES, ADDANKI||Click here|
|2||RAMALINGAM MOUNIKA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||KALLAM TEXTILES, ADDANK||Click here|
|3||2018-19||G.SANDHYA RANI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||SRIVARI Enterprises, SRICITY||Click here|
|4||T.HARINI||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry||SRIVARI Enterprises, SRICITY||Click here|
|5||G.ANJALI DEVI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||SRIVARI Enterprises, SRICITY||Click here|
|6||N.RAMADEVI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||SRIVARI Enterprises, SRICITY||Click here|
|7||K.SRAVANI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||SRIVARI Enterprises, SRICITY||Click here|
|8||2019-20||CH.NITHYA SRI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||GJ Solutions, Hyderabad||Click here|
|9||D.SANDHYA RANI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||GJ Solutions, Hyderabad||Click here|
|10||D.VENNELA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||GJ Solutions, Hyderabad||Click here|
|11||G.SRAVANI||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||GJ Solutions, Hyderabad||Click here|
|12||P.HARITHA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||GJ Solutions, Hyderabad||Click here|
|13||P.SUBRAVATHAMMA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||GJ Solutions, Hyderabad||Click here|
|14||P.ROOPA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||KALLAM TEXTILES, ADDANKI||Click here|
|15||S.MEGHANA||Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science||KALLAM TEXTILES, ADDANKI||Click here|
|16||2020-21||PEDDAPOTHU JYOTHI||INFOSYS Limited,Bangalore,India||Click here|