DEPT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTRE
Library was established since the inception of the college in 1984 with a small collection of 100 books in printed format. The Library provides services for the retrieval and use of print and electronic collection of resources with adequate infrastructure and open space for reading called green library. The Library is open from 9:30am to 5:30pm on all working days.
Its collections include a wide range of subject fields of knowledge namely science, arts and commerce. The collection of printed books and electronic resources satisfies the information needs for all academic and related activities of the students and staff. The College Library has membership in UGC INFLIBNET N-LIST that provides online access to 6000 e-journals and other e-resources. Our institution has also registered for the National Digital Library to access e-resources.
The library is automated with integrated library management software using Soul. Soul is an open source integrated library management system with freedom to modify the software. It is maintained by a dedicated team of software providers, volunteers, and library technology staff from around the globe. Easy to use by the staff as well as patrons with basic computer skills. It is developed with all basic and important library modules to cater to the automation needs of our college library. Soul is a fully web based software with all necessary modules to perform traditional library operation in modern/technical. environment. It is distributed under the General Public License. Soul has no vendor lock-in, no set term contracts, and no restrictions on changing support or exporting your data at any given time. We have the freedom to tailor software speciﬁcally to our requirements.
To create awareness amongst the faculty and students about using different information resources available in the Library.
To access electronic information easily by making the student aware about the browsing features, creating awareness and connivance in searching and selection of resources.
1. To provide full text information either in digital or in printed form.
2. To develop, organize and maintain the collection to meet the needs of the user community.
3. To respond swiftly and creatively using technological developments relevant to users’ needs.
4. To support the scholarly and information needs of all students, faculty members and staff.
- Manne Srinivasulu, 2021, Gap Analysis between the Usage and Satisfaction Levels of Online Databases: A Case Study Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam,67th ILA ANNUAL CONFERENCE, ISSN: 978-81-85216-54-6 (Volume -I & II). To know more Click here
The department of Library Sciences Celebrates “National Library Week” Every year from 14th to 20th November.
We organized various contests and events for students in connection with the Library Week Observation. The competitions conducted are
- Essay Writing Competition
- Quiz Competition
- Rangoli Competition
- Musical chairs Competition
- Painting Competition
To Know more Click here