“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin Every Journey invariably starts with a single step and the journey to scale great heights needs unflinching grit and relentless efforts. With the same determination we had embarked on a journey in 1984 by setting up the Commerce Department with a course of one section i.e., B. Com (General). The department has adequate well qualified, competent faculty who are dedicated to the academic and overall development of the student community.The department ablaze, constantly striving to offer relevant and updated knowledge with practical dimension to provide the dynamic business environment with equipped personnel.
The department shall endeavour to promote entrepreneurial culture and develop accounting and managerial skills of the students to enable them to meet the challenges of contemporary business environment.
• To impart professional education and training in the field of Commerce and Accounting.
• To disseminate knowledge and information by organizing seminars/workshops/short term courses to enhance management and entrepreneurial skill.
• To uphold the values of Personal Integrity and Social Responsibility.
|Program Offered||Medium||Sanctioned Intake|
• Annual Curricular Plans with references and methodologies are prepared well in advance for every subject and made available for students in the Class Rooms. The department has MOU M. V. Vijay Kumar & Co, Chartered Accountants, Nirmal Nagar, Ongole. AP.
• Bridge Courses are conducted to bridge the gap between the commerce and non-commerce students in first year for the subjects Accounting and Economics. The objective is to lay foundation on the subject and bring new ideas and thoughts in understanding the subject easily.
• Students are taken to Filed Visits to interpret the curriculum practically.
• Students are given Assignments throughout the academic year to enable them to get thorough knowledge in the subjects.
• In the process of continuous evaluation students take up seminars on curriculum subjects & also on the topics of the subjects incorporating day to day development.
• Guest Lectures by subject experts like for better understanding of subjects.
• Career Counselling is conducted for students every year so as tomake them set their goals and keep them focused in the right direction.
• As a part of Mentoring, mentors are allotted to every student, who take up the responsibility of Academic Counsellingand Personal Counsellingapart from the regular counselling.
• Literacy and cultural competitions are conducted where students can exhibit their skill & creativity.
• Our students are part of NSS where the Idea is to awaken the social consciousness for community service with the motto "Not me but You".
The department has MOU M. V. Vijay Kumar & Co, Chartered Accountants, Nirmal Nagar, Ongole. AP.